Step inside the world of St. Therese!
Follow in the steps of St. Therese as she journeys from beloved daughter of Sts. Louis and Zelie Martin to becoming a Carmelite Nun at the Carmelite Monastery in Lisieux, France. Come learn about her life, honor her, to pray, and feel her presence here at the National Shrine and Museum of St. Therese.
The Museum is a rich treasury of relics and memorabilia of St. Therese, which holds the largest collection of her relic artifacts outside of Lisieux, France.
Experience St. Therese in a New Way
The National Shrine and Museum of St. Therese is situated on the Carmelite Campus in Darien, IL, a 40-acre property that is home to the Carmelite Spiritual Center, the Carmelite Meditation Garden, and the Carmelite Gift Shop as well as the Shrine and Museum.
- Daily Mass at her Shrine Monday through Friday at 11:30 AM. (No Mass on weekends or holidays.)
- Exact replica of St. Therese’s cell with items she used and touched
- Precious relic artifacts.
- Carmelite Gift Shop has a rich variety of religious items, books, and gifts. Open 7 days a week, 10 am – 4 pm (seasonal Sunday closures.)
- Beautiful Sacred Spaces with outdoor grottos and places of prayer featuring statues of Carmelite Saints.
- Stations of the Cross located in our Carmelite Meditation Garden is surrounded by beautiful Stations of the Cross to walk with Jesus.
We are open 7 days a week from 10AM to 4PM CT. Call 800-647-1430 for more information.
We count on your support!
We count on your support and prayers to help keep her legacy alive. Your generosity helps with Shrine programs and maintenance as well as various ministries and education of the Carmelites.
- We count on you! Your support and prayers are what make this beautiful Shrine and Museum possible.
- Pray with us – “I may owe all graces I’ve received to the prayers of a person who begged them from God for me, and whom I shall know only in heaven.” – St. Therese
- Make a donation – The National Shrine and Museum depend on your support. Your donation helps us serve the faithful.
Together, as her faithful friends, we can follow in the footsteps of St. Therese to make God known and loved to the ends of the earth.
National Shrine and Museum of St. Therese Donation
“Wonderful, peaceful and prayerful. “
We count on your support and prayers to help keep the legacy of St. Therese alive at the National Shrine and Museum. Your generosity helps with Shrine programs and maintenance as well as various ministries and education of the Carmelites.
Suggested donation: $15.00