Lighting a Path to Faith, Hope and Love
Through the support of many friends of St. Therese, we have made major progress in achieving our dream of creating an environment where current and future generations can be inspired by St. Therese on the Carmelite Campus in Darien, IL.
Thus far, through our Lighting a Path to Faith, Hope and Love campaign, we have:
- Built and dedicated a new National Shrine of St. Therese. This chapel has doubled our worship space and become the new centerpiece of our campus.
- Reconstructed our Shrine Museum to showcase St. Therese artifacts and create an environment that will inspire faith and devotion for generations.
- Created an expansive Carmelite Meditation Garden on our 40-acre campus. This space invites all to pray the Stations of the Cross or quietly pray.
- Quadrupled the capacity of our Carmelite Spiritual Center to welcome everyone from children to retirees as they participate in days of spiritual direction, retreats, and other spirit-renewing events.
Our work is not finished. We continue to pray for more friends of St. Therese to become a part of this project and to manifest her “Shower of Roses.”
To realize this dream for our campus and its role in spreading the devotion to future generations, there are several projects that we need to complete, including:
- The addition of sacred prayer places in the Carmelite Meditation Garden.
- The installation of fountains and benches, and planting of gardens throughout the campus grounds.
- The creation of perpetual endowment funds that will support future programs and the maintenance of our campus for the benefit of generations to come.
We need your help
We have made major progress toward our goal, but we need your help. We invite you to honor or memorialize loved ones through your gift as each part of our campaign provides this opportunity.
Please prayerfully consider how you can make a sacrificial gift so current and future generations can follow the “Little Way” of St. Therese, the greatest saint of modern times.