An overview of the Carmelite Campus Update
Lighting A Path to Faith, Hope, And Love
After assisting in the renovation of St. Therese’s Carmel in Lisieux France, the Society of the Little Flower turned its attention to the Carmelite Campus in Darien, IL. The goal of this project is to create an environment where future generations can feel inspired by St. Therese.
The National Shrine Museum of St. Therese was renovated to showcase artifacts from the life of St. Therese. Other efforts included the creation of an outdoor Meditation Garden and the expansion of the Carmelite Spiritual Center.
Today, there are several projects that need to be finished, including:
- The construction of a new National Shrine Chapel, doubling our present worship space
- The creation of several outdoor prayer stations and grottos
- The installation of benches and bridges, the planting of trees and gardens and the creation of a path to connect the entire campus
We invite you to join in this effort by making a gift of any size. Please see the list below for available recognition opportunities.
- Clock Tower
- Fountains and Bridges on Path
- Trees and Outdoor Benches
- Shrine Museum Entrance and Martin Hall
- St. John of the Cross Prayer Station
- St. Therese of Lisieux Prayer Grotto
- Infant of Prague Prayer Grotto
- Carmelite Spiritual Center Chapel Renovation
- Carmelite Spiritual Center Gathering Areas and Fountains
Please call to speak to one of our Giving Officers for more opportunities: